Saturday, December 31, 2011

This will be Our Year (took a long time to come)

I kept thinking I had already posted these, but I looked through my old posts/tags and can't find them. So I guess I just imagined that? LOL. I would be remiss if I didn't share these though, as they are my two favorite songs that are appropriate for a New Year (or really anytime, because they are awesome).

"This Will Be Our Year" - The Zombies - Just a link to hear the song on YT. Enjoy its perfection.





"This Year" - The Mountain Goats - a really random video, I guess they've been like taken hostage to perform? I am distracted the whole way through looking at his fake head wound. But I like that it is quirky and memorable. And he uses the word "cavalcade" which earns him like 1 million gold stars, in my book. Especially coupled with the reference to a next year in Jerusalem (love me some vaguely religious refs, especially to something said at a Seder, you don't get that a lot).
Digression: If you don't listen to TMG, you should. The man is a genius. I saw him live (solo) several years back and he was electric, you can't take your eyes/ears away from him, just so charged/passionate/on-fire/magnetic/FIERCE/words-of-that-nature.  Check out also one of his more recent songs - "Psalms 40:2" (he has at least one more vaguely scriptural/or inspired by a verse type songs, I don't know why; they are pretty killer).







Have a safe and ridiculously Happy New Year! Make it through!!

No comments:

Post a Comment