Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Who else is listening to Christmas music already?!

Because I certainly am! It makes the dark grey afternoons at work seem ever-so-slightly more festive.


Mildly embarrassing admission: I love me some Hootie (the man himself, not his band so much). He is so smooth-voiced and calming. The man can sing.

The song itself is nothing special lyrically (pretty bland), and I would probably not think twice about it, but something about the warm and reassuring way his voice sounds ensures that this song worms its way into my brain at this time of year. Also I like the random fiddling bit. His "Winter Wonderland" is a little too heavy-handedly countrified for me so it did not make the cut for my Christmas mix (although I also secretly love that he sings country now, I think his voice is perfect for it), but this blend of smooth, swingy, slightly-country Christmas I really like. Lull me to sleep anytime, sir.

"Candy Cane Christmas" - Darius Rucker







And then just to remind ourselves.... Hootie greatest hits. I knew this person once whose teacher (math I think) in like, Junior High or some such, made a quiz that was like all the answers were tied to trivia about Hootie & The Blowfish? Something like that? Not sure. I probably don't have permission to share that story either, LOL, sorry I can't clarify. I bring it up because they always claimed they did really well on the quiz because they knew already knew all the Hootie facts, that's how much they liked them.

"Only Wanna Be With You" - Admit that you know all the words. This song reminds me of being a teenager.  Also, the video is hilarious... it's super random. Basketball. Golf. It has Keith Olbermann in it. Love the head slide @1:16ish, and the supremely dorky dance @2:02ish. I love that over on YT one commenter calls it "probably the most 90s looking video ever" LOLZ.


Hootie & The Blowfish - Only Wanna Be With  You by AtlanticRecords



"Hold My Hand" another great YT comment "God damnit I love the 90s"


Hootie & The Blowfish - Hold My Hand by AtlanticRecords



"Let Her Cry"

Hootie & The Blowfish - Let Her Cry by AtlanticRecords





I may or may not share some more Christmas and Hannukah favorites. What is your mildly-embarrassing Christmas music secret?

No comments:

Post a Comment