Thursday, December 15, 2011

Miscellaneous dancing & good beer commercials

We interrupt this round of posting holiday music for a wee little dance break -

The opening of the Indian reality show "Just Dance" featuring the apparently insanely popular Hrithik Roshan (just watch the opening dance... the rest is just him talking, not exciting). The YT clips for him are endless. Best YT comment on this? "paid audience are overacting too much" LOL (they also don't hesistate to point out the MJ imitating and the hamminess). If you don't at least chuckle while watching this, I don't even know. I wish our reality shows were this over-the-top... it's so trying to be the most epic thing ever. It's a dance contest! Love it. We all need a little Bollywood in our lives, I think. More big dance numbers!





And then, I try not to comment on too many commercials (I'm not promoting anything), but I really like these new Heineken ones. They just look so fun and swingy and energetic without looking annoying, even though they throw like everything possible in there. It's what you wish your drinking life looked like, rather than the sometimes dingy unattractive reality of your local pub... These are all hip and delightful. Makes me almost want to drink Heineken, and post about how much I enjoy watching them, so I guess they did their job. Both feature good music, a clearly well-measured intentional dose of quirk, vintage movie-type vibes, and cute well-dressed guys with mustaches. Continue this trend, advertisers!


"The Entrance"



And "The Date" is my favorite because they break into absolutely great dancing at the end. It's so adorable.






Any good/amusing dancing caught your eye recently? Share in the comments for us all to enjoy together.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! "The Date" uses "Jaan Pehechaan Ho," from Gumnaam and Ghost World. I love that song. Plus, it ties into the Bollywood at the beginning of the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the Las Vegas commercial with the little asian kid singing "Hit the Lights" and clicking through pictures at work completely cracks me up. A'int no thang... playa...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of Las Vegas commercials I also really like the elevator one for The Cosmopolitan - http://youtu.be/HhO7pC2jfp0, love that electro-swing music and everything just looks so crisp.

    ReplyDelete