Friday, September 30, 2011

I, too, would like to meet Dave Grohl

Posting break due to my mom visiting me for a little while, and that throws everything off. Oh and it's officially cold and autumnal here, so that's also a bit depressing. I know, excuses...

To get back, a few videos by Wavves (I hate the extra v, it makes me want to pronounce it differently, maybe like "wahhhhves" or something?). I really like their sound because they have that San Diego surf punk vibe that makes me feel like I am home, and young, and hiding from the summer sun.

"Bug" - I think this is their newest. While this song does not explicitly mention Dave Grohl (unlike their "I Wanna Meet Dave Grohl"), this video still manages to incorporate him. Are we sensing a theme? Also it has a random mermaid (wait for it), and a little gratuitous violence (which I wasn't really expecting).




"King of the Beach" - I find this video irritating. They prance around, smoke, do nothing. Song is fine, but nothing interesting about the video.




Then there's "Post Acid" - which one amusing YT comment dubs "more 90s than the 90s" (seriously, when was the last time you saw an alien featured in something in that way?).





No comments:

Post a Comment