Saturday, September 17, 2011

"As the winter turned the meadow brown..."

This is my song of the day. Woke up to some louder-than-usual rain, and was a little saddened because we have such late-arriving summers here that I am not ready for fall. I love wearing sweaters and drinking tea by the fire and baking to warm the house and all that, but I still need a few more days of warmth at least. Had to go outside and trim some branches because if it's truly fall, then soon our crazy winds will pick up and I don't want anything hitting the windows if I can avoid it. I hate yard work, I'm not gonna lie. And since it had rained earlier I got soaked. It was unpleasant. Then I came in to warm up, and this song was playing on my mix, and I was immediately struck by how tonally perfect it is for how I feel today. Very chill, a little mournful, a little plaintive, and a lot of wishing I was on a Greek island basking in the gentle sun.

"And you will go to Mykonos / With a vision of a gentle coast /And a sun to maybe dissipate / Shadows of the mess you made..."


"Myokonos" - Fleet Foxes  - The video fits the song, very moody and ethereal. It is all made of shapes, which is good because this is a lot of song to compete with, too much concrete action or even people might be distracting. I think it also has a nice video-game, sci-fi/fantasy feel, what with the moving shapes and structures. Love the light/shadow/dark trees. I really like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment