Monday, September 19, 2011

Via @laughingsquid - they tweeted this earlier today. I like Wiretree, but I don't think I've ever in the past looked up one of their videos. Don't know why, just never crossed my mind. I really like this video (description below).

The song really reminds me of Iggy Pop's - The Passenger though. (That link goes to some classic Iggy wearing a horsetail. The Passenger is one of those songs you hear once and it just sticks... I used to covet an Iggy poster at the music store I went to a teen. Also he sang the Space Goofs theme song, and the show was pretty dumb but I love the "la-la-la we like monsters" thing, it's such a great theme - again, heard that how many years ago, and I can still hear it in my head sometimes? Memorable.)  And so that's pretty much what I think of when I hear it. Which is fine, as this is still a good song and a fun, cool video.

"An underwater adventure! Animated music video for Wiretree's song 'The Shore' wiretreemusic.com/
Animated/Directed by Eric Power ericpowerup.net"




So I looked up some of the others too, for your convenience.

"Days Gone By" - has a cute dog, and just a nice lo-fi feel with the camera shooting.





"Information" - is a recording of them playing live, shot very nicely. An excellent song.





And the one song of theirs that seems to sneak onto a lot of my playlists, "Big Coat" - I don't know if this is an official video, or just a vid setting it to vintage speakeasy type footage or what. I just know I really really like the song, especially the soft "wooh-oooh-ooohs" at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment