Thursday, August 25, 2011

When things go wrong, I sing along

No real vids today.

For some reason, these songs kinda remind me of each other. No one beats the Magnetic Fields for the music of  the broken, breaking, heart; nor for pure joyful love longs. But the Fields song has some of the same feel to it, to me, of the importance of the song... the earnestness, magic and mystery... (even though they say you don't need this song)... I don't know. I am not always a coherent speaker. I just like these songs. I think they are both lovely meditations.

"No One Will Ever Love You Honestly" - The Magnetic Fields

"You Don't Need This Song (To Fix Your Broken Heart)" - Fields



And I don't usually plug things, but the new Stephin Merritt (of TMF and various other lovely bands) album "Obscurities" is out! I am listening to it right now in delight. Just an FYI.  For instance,"I Don't Believe You" is one of my TMF favs - Obscurities has this version, rather than the one on "i" (LOLZ anime fan vid set to "i" version).


No comments:

Post a Comment