Monday, May 10, 2010

Dancing!

A nod to Pajiba (Scathing Reviews. Bitchy People.) for having a post today featuring the Hugh Jackman Lipton commercial.

Hugh Jackman Lipton Ice Tea commercial (the comments say the song is "Funky Boogie" by John Ozilla). Mass dancing, catchy tune = great.



A commercial like this is something I enjoy, because basically this is a music video featuring a reasonably attractive man dancing in a suit. Which I kinda love. Also of note - this Diet Coke commercial... (comments say the song is "I like the way you move" - BodyRockers).



Is this a theme for beverage commercials? I could stand this being carried over into commercials for other products.

Anyways, I've seen both of these commercials before, but do enjoy re-watching. Possibly several times. And I don't even drink Diet Coke anymore.

And of course a Pajiba commenter had a link ready to the CLASSIC Christopher Walken dancing Fat Boy Slim video. Which is similar, but better, because: Christopher Walken dancing. The innate creepiness and WTF factor just works so well.

The Fat Boy Slim video is, as I mentioned, a classic, and actually one of the first videos I had in mind for this blog (as an example of sheer awesomeness). Simple concept, brilliant execution.


Saving the best for last, the OG himself dancing: "Weapon of Choice" - Fat Boy Slim

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't seen the Lipton ad before, but it just reinforces my belief that Jackman is awesome.

    As soon as I saw it, I also thought of the "Weapon of Choice" video, I think in particular because of the hotel setting and the use of the baggage cart and the elevator.

    ReplyDelete