Sunday, June 5, 2011

But for now we are young

Spent yesterday afternoon laying out in the sun, then went to a friends house for a tasty salmon dinner outside near(ish) to the water (they were originally supposed to come over here so I cleaned my house, but that turned out to be for naught).

It may be drizzleydrear most of the year, but the few good days are really perfect to make up for it. Lovely super blue sky, all the flowers in bloom, 80 degrees with a cool breeze from the water, light until 10pm...

So my song for yesterday was "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" - Neutral Milk Hotel - which I believe is one of the greatest songs ever (and in an amazing album).

Something about the lyrics, the singing saw, his voice, everything just hits the right chords in me. It's one of the few songs I can listen to over and over again and still feel the same thrill at perfect notes. (Personal TV watching observation: I was super amused in Parks and Recreation (you should be watching it's been fantastic) this season where April's favorite band is revealed to be NMH, it's just so right.)

Enjoy the awesomesauce:

1 comment:

  1. It is a wonderful song. I also like the Matt Pond PA cover.

    ReplyDelete