Sunday, May 22, 2011

Gorky's Zygotic Mynci

My conclusion this summer
was there was much too much rain
So I ran off on Thursday
with a dance troupe from Spain

Well my conclusion for the weekend was that there was too much rain, and I too am tempted to run off with a dance troupe from Spain. Except that I can't dance, soooooo that's out. I love this video, it's cute and evocative and captures the kind of sweet/sad discontent that plays out in the song (and coincidentally, my mood for the day).

In general, the use of drawings in videos pleases me. One can say a lot with some good ink that human features might not convey; with this song, for instance, people pretending to dance as trees in a Spanish dance troupe might come off as too twee. This way it looks like a lovely children's book or something.

Points for the armadillo as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment