Friday, February 18, 2011

Radiohead, of course

Since King of Limbs came out a day early:

"Lotus Flower"




I have not listened to the whole album yet, so I will not dare pontificate about it. I do like this song, but I don't love it yet. I don't know. I generally have doubts at first listen and then wait for an album to win me over. Based on this first song, IDK, it seems kinda more jazzy than usual. But beautiful in it's own way. I have great hopes for the album. I will have to listen to it for a few days and let it all sink in. That is in fact one of the things I love most about Radiohead, it's always very atmospheric. Like one could just be blissfully enveloped in it. I look forward to getting wrapped up in it.

As for the video? Well, hopefully by now you know my love for dorky dancing. I really rather like it. Not overdone, not distracting from the song - just some classic shaking about. The facial expressions alone are pure gold. It comes off as both spazzy and smooth, both personal and removed. I say thumbs up. Dance on.

(I also like that if you just saw Thom Yorke doing that on the street, you might not guess he is in one of the greatest and most influential bands ever... the voice of a generation or whatnot, LOL. You would just giggle.)

No comments:

Post a Comment