Monday, February 21, 2011

I'm a robot, I'm a robot, I don't have any feeling in my heart.

Every year I make a limited number of Weezer Day cards for my friends. Because they are a lot of work to make and I am lazy, I even make people sign up for them so that only the reallllly interested get one, LOL. This year I was suffering from lack of inspiration right up until the very last possible day to make them so that I could send them off in time for the auspicious day (2-14)... But I think it was worth it to wait until it finally struck. Hope everyone had a rockin' Weezer Day, and celebrated with appropriate aplomb! Here's what they turned out like - everyone's was a smidge different and has it's own flaws and etc cause they are hand painted (ink, marker and watercolor).



But long live hugs!


Here are a few songs from their most recent 2 albums, Hurley and Death to False Metal:


Memories - I am actually not a huge fan of the song. I think some of their newer stuff comes off as too contrived, and there's something annoying about his screaming. But not horrible. Just not a winner for me. Seems like it's made to be played for graduation montages or something.





Unbreak My Heart (cover, LOL) - I love whoever put the weezer version to the original vid.




I'm A Robot - I really like this song. So happy. A real video for this could be amazing (make it so, guys!)




Hope you do something exciting with your Presidents' Day! I am cleaning (and procrastinating).

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed getting my card when I got back yesterday! It was the only piece of good mail in two whole weeks (mostly I get circulars, credit card offers and solicitations for donations).

    ReplyDelete