Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thursdays can be slow

Two very different songs were stuck in my head today. No connecting threads that I could figure, just what popped up. The first was a shuffle play that I had pretty much forgotten I had. And the second I actually didn't have on my iphone's playlist (my iPod is giving me trouble so I've been relying on the phone lately, which is much more space limited) - and when I realized it wasn't there it made me extremely sad, so I had to set a notice to remind me to be sure and add it tonight.



"Miss Independent" - Ne-Yo: Which I just find amusing because you don't hear a lot of songs about men valuing women for having all their bills paid on time without a man (as opposed to say, T.I.'s 'Whatever You Like'). So that's kind of nice (although maybe it veers into trying-too-hard-to-win-us-over territory?). I don't care, I just wish I worked in an office with hot well-dressed people (Actually, that's a lie, cause I'm too lazy to dress cute every day, my office of jeans-wearing academics is pretty much perfect. And if anyone looking like that walked in, I probably couldn't get any work done anyways. So I'm fine without it. But still.)




AND




The Cutter - Echo & The Bunnymen: "Will I still be soiled/ when the dirt is off..." (What. A. Voice.) I am not really sure what goes on in this video, there's a lot of standing around and a lot of snow. But that's acceptable because I just spend the time being mesmerized by that voice coming out of those lips. 



Echo makes me so deeply happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment