Friday, January 28, 2011

You Could Have It So Much better

Whatever happened to Franz Ferdinand? I liked them. They just came to mind this morning, I had to add some of their stuff to my phone playlist.   I guess word is that they may have music coming out in 2011? Let's hope so.

So many literature references... who else would have a song (Love and Destroy, live performance link) inspired by the Russian classic The Master and Margarita? (Which you can get as a graphic novel? Want! Also, I feel that book comes up all the time... I am a Russian lit fan, but it wasn't one of the first ones I read. And yet in the years since reading it I feel like I see/hear a lot of refs. Maybe I am just too shocked to find other people who read? LOL I am a snob.)

Most recently -

Apparently they worked on a Dior campaign - "Eyes of Mars":


And did a song on the Alice in Wonderland soundtrack - "Lobster Quadrille" - which is fantastic:




And thankfully, the old stuff is still a delight:


"Darts of Pleasure" - One of my favorites. Just the way he says 'so leisured' and 'words are poison darts of pleasure...' RAWRR. However, there's a lot of teeth in this video, and I am not a huge fan of mouths/teeth displayed in such fashion. Kinda gross. Still good.





"This Fire"






"The Dark of The Matinee"






"Take Me Out"




"Can't Stop Feeling"  - which is a more recent video (2009), and the song is not my favorite, but they showcase a little adorkalicious dancing midway, which I pretty much always approve of. Also I think someone gets hit with a prosthetic/mannequin leg? Also approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment