Saturday, April 2, 2011

Shaker Star

No surprise that I would post this, as Eef Barzelay (@eefbarzelay)(of Clem Snide) is one of my all-time favorites. He tweeted this earlier this morning. So here you are! I recommend all of his works (as himself, with Clem Snide, all of it).

"Shaker Star" - Eef Barzelay (from Black Tin Rocket (Songs of the Transmissionary Six) - A quiet, film-like video for the song. While I do rather like the slight out-of-focus dreamy effect and the kind of slow charm of the video, not a lot happens. Restrained, subtle, a few hints of something going on with some of the facial expressions towards the end. Dream-like, memory-like, sad? Maybe? Mostly just gives atmosphere (the song to the video and/or the video to the song?)... And, I really want some dresses like that. And I wouldn't mind dancing around with some retro men...


Basically - just a lovely song/video combo.


No comments:

Post a Comment