Saturday, April 9, 2011

Understand the lay of the land, and don't let it hurt you, or it will be the first to

More a short film than just a music video - this 15 minutes is mostly silent (song starts about 10 mins in). Interpretations? I don't really know, read some interesting youtube comments, etc. There's a picture that gives kind of an idea of the roles (towards end), but most is left blank, silent, unexplained. The first time I saw this, I was mainly just wondering what was going on (and thinking that Cillian Murphy is hot). Since not a lot happens I didn't really care for it (the song is lovely & haunting and does fit). However, I found myself thinking about it this winter when it snowed, and more recently just in the gloomy winter. It stands up on rewatch, still eerie and fascinating. I think that speaks to it being good (and successful), if you find yourself thinking about it later, mulling it over.


"The Water" - Feist

No comments:

Post a Comment