Saturday, September 4, 2010

Memories/Summers

Of late I have been feeling a little old, since my best friend from summer camp (we met at I think, 15) is getting married in two weeks (I am the maid of honor)... so today I was thinking about what I am supposed to say in the toast/speech which I haven't yet written, and thinking back about the times we spent, and so on and so forth. The really terrible overly-dramatic high school crushes, the first few boyfriends... (and the last few boyfriends, LOL). Anyways.

Thinking of those things led to thinking of other people and places later on. I even remembered, completely off-topic, a really hot picture I saw of a former coworker. I think he was doing cosplay? That or bondage. Ahhhhh, memories. It's funny sometimes when you remember people you haven't seen in years, even those who were only minor characters in your life. How these things come up, I don't know. Yes, this story has nothing really to do with the other memories, just that I've been unusually reminiscent.

This rambling doesn't really pinpoint the weird nostalgic/smushy emotions I have about the whole wedding. I am sincerely happy for her, but wow, getting married. Weren't we just 16 and laying in the middle of a mountain road looking at the stars and talking about "boys"?

So in honor of this, a video I actually really like because it's just cute and fun and appropriate to the sunny song - with, you guessed it, a summer camp theme. Now, the camp at which I met my friend was Bible camp, so while we did have all the same hooking up, we just did it in slightly longer shorts than featured in this video.


"Here in Your Arms" - Hellogoodbye:



Hellogoodbye - Here (In Your Arms)
Uploaded by yafs1925. - See the latest featured music videos.



And then a song featuring clips from the movie The Last Summer. A piece about the video had the following amazing comment on it (from Stereogum):

"Comments (1)

  1. OG Summercamp’s video reminds me of an awesome ’90s video cliche I miss: earnest dudes with hair in their face being earnest 
"
Good work, internet person. A delightful comment.

Here is the video "Ghost Train" - Summer Camp - nice and ethereal poppy song:

Summer Camp - Ghost Train (viral) from Paddy Power on Vimeo.




And finally, one of my favorite songs of all time, and a fitting closing to a post about summer/endings/beginnings - "Summer Song" - Chad & Jeremy (just a recording of a performance):

1 comment:

  1. The Hellogoodbye video is super cute! I get those nostalgic rushes occasionally too, and I know how hard they are to articulate.

    "Summer Song" is great, BTW. I'd heard it before but never knew the name.

    ReplyDelete