Friday, April 6, 2012

MMORPGs and Matzah

I love The Guild which is the supercute Felicia Day's fantastic web series about a group of online gamerz and their adorable, bittersweet, hilarious (mis)adventures, and they have just put out the following amazing video on her promising new YT channel "Geek and Sundry" - "I'm the One That's Cool"  - a nice anthem for anyone who ever felt left out.





***
And then, on a completely different note - it's Passover! Happy Passover! I still need to clean all the leavened stuff out of my house this morning real quick...
As you know from previous posts, I love a good cover/adaptation, especially for the Jewish holidays which have plenty of old traditional songs, but not always so many modern fun things, and I realllllly enjoy the adaptation here, I think it works out pretty well. Who knew that Cee Lo + Diddy = Passover?

"Dayenu, Coming Home" - The Fountainheads







A slightly less successful version would be this rather creepy puppet Passover Rhapsody. I had to include it because a) CREEPY PUPPETS and b) QUEEN.




***


ETA: METALLICA!!!! Excellent job, person that made this! I looooove (truly an EPIC) The Ten Commandments. It's a kickass movie. I hope we all agree that Yul Brynner is FIERCE as hell in this movie. Between him and all the bare chests and ladies swooning "Moses, Moses" it's a pretty fantastic experience. The clothes/jewelry/sets are all amazing.


Someone has set clips from it, to the perfect song - "Creeping Death" - Metallica - enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment