Saturday, October 29, 2011

How can I keep from singing?

Let's go old-school with a little classic Enya... Yes, yes, I know, Enya has become synonymous with cliched new agey passé Celtic-craze wishywashy type muzak. But Watermark and Shepherd Moons have lulled me for years, and I even have a sadfunny personal story about a song on one of her newer albums... so yeah, we go way back, even though this is not exactly my typical preferred musical style. (Handy tip - if you ever have unruly children to deal with at night, Enya is very soothing and "boring" enough that they will give up and go to sleep. I have used it on cabins chock full of hyper tween girls to good effect.) But I will not apologize for my Enya love, sometimes you just need it. And it reminds me of being in like junior high... the albums are older than that, but that was when I got hold of them. On tape.

My favorite song performed by her is a classic folk song that she covered - see below - this whole post was brought to mind because I was deciding what music to put on my new phone and realized as much as I'd rather keep it to a minimum (like under 9 gigs hahahaha), I may need a good song for hard nights sometimes, so I had to put this on, and prob the above mentioned albums at least... It's just such a lovely song.

"How Can I Keep From Singing?" - Enya (warning - annoying ads) - video is about what you would expect - she swans around an old church & then there are clips about war/peace/freedom...


Watch Enya - How Can I Keep From Singing? in Music  |  View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

No comments:

Post a Comment