Saturday, December 11, 2010

Sweeter than a Swisher

I generally like videos where people dress up, but I have some issues with this:
1) This is not really rock (duh)
2) This is basically just derivative of RHCP's Dani California  where they progress through the ages (which I adore, I think it's a great video)
3) A cigar (Swisher Sweets) reference?  Really? LOL.
4) I love the earlier looks featured in this video, she looks super fantastic so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.
Verdict: The song is very repetitive and my attention can't be held by all the costume changes. Even though I love the beginning (and the nod to TLC). She is gorgeous but the ego trip is not that exciting.


"Pretty Girl Rock - Keri Hilson"





But it is annoyingly cheery, and I fear that it may get stuck in my head sometime... That would be bad. Because Knock You Down  (ft. Kanye & Ne-Yo) always gets stuck in my head, possibly because I love the line "I used to be commander in chief of my pimp ship flying high."   (Love that line so hard.)





Also, as pretty as she is (she totally is), I feel anyone who sings about how gorgeous they are... that's some ego. Can you imagine how making the video above with Kanye was? LOL. So much ego in one room.  People who think they are hot - there's a fine line between it being attractive (confidence) and being totally annoying and unattractive. Or maybe I take it too seriously?


To quote The Streets -


"But there's just one little thing that really really,
Really really annoying me about you you see,
Yeah yeah like I said you are really fit
But my gosh don't you just know it"


"Fit But You Know It - The Streets"

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't even watch all of "Pretty Girl Rock." When I got to the "my name is Keri" part I couldn't stomach any more. I did kind of enjoy "Knock You Down."

    But I totally agree with you (and the catchy song by The Streets) on the confidence vs. cockiness thing. There is a line between the two, and it makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete