Saturday, August 21, 2010

FOB

Today I picked 4lbs of blueberries! I got pretty muddy, but it was worth it. Made a giant vat of blueberry syrup, and froze a bunch of berries too. Turned out nicely. This weekend has had more stuff going on than I would like. But so far, so good.


***


Fall Out Boy time. I'm not really a FOB fan, but the songs were played non-stop and the videos got pretty heavy rotation for a while, so they kind of grow on you. They are currently not-together or on hiatus or something something blah blah and I don't know how many people really care (although judging by some of the YouTube comments, there are still some passionate FOB fans). 


For some reason, the video for Sugar, We're Goin Down randomly popped into my head the other day, and so I figured it could be a post. Looking at more of their videos, I have to say I think they actually do quite well overall -  they throw a lot of random stuff in, and there's usually dancing or at least they flail around a lot when they play. I generally enjoy their videos (and I do like most of their silly long titles).

Sugar, We're Goin Down:  I find this video actually quite charming. But every time I see it I can't help but wonder is the kid related to the old man then, or does everyone in this town have random deer parts? And either way it's amusing/creepy. (I don't think it's supposed to imply this, maybe rather just that girls have daddy issues? Or we hate/love others as we/hate love ourselves?)




Dance, Dance:



And the one with the monkey director, also amusing - (but stupid name "Thnks fr th Mmrs, ugghhh)


But then they try to get serious with I'm Like a Lawyer With The Way I'm Always Trying To Get You Off (Me & You): Can't fault them for caring about the issues, but I think it makes a super boring video. Certainly not cheery. Not that everything has to be cheery, things can try to be thought-provoking - but this one just seems heavy-handed and falls flat to me. Trying too hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment