Saturday, July 3, 2010

Sabotage!

Had a crazy busy week at work, June had several of my deadlines, the office 20th anniversary event, and etc... So that's why there haven't been any posts lately. Next week I have vacation, and I may go early due to family issues, so I would guess posting will be sporadic (if at all) for some time.

This post stems mainly from a discussion with a coworker (SW) during a post-lunch walk, in which we were talking about music videos, the sometimes dearth of female rock/indie acts, the new LCD Soundsystem album, and other such topics. In her opinion, the Beastie Boys video ("the one with the car chase") is one of the few music videos that is awesome.

When she said that, I had to agree. I hadn't even seen it in quite some time, but the instant she mentioned Beastie Boys/car chase, I could see the "Sabotage" video in my head. It's very memorable. At least, I hope this is the one she was talking about, LOL.

Reasons why it's great:
It's completely cinematic: there's energy and mood, and action and lighting and great shots.
It tracks well, the rising beat of the song and the action in the video; the dramatic pauses.
And best of all, the video shows a sense of humor, which I think is lacking in some artists, as nothing drags down a video like taking oneself too seriously.





Anyways, that's it for now. I will try to get through a couple more posts this long weekend while I still have some of the above discussed ideas in mind.
But right now I am off to spend more money I don't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment