Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I could walk all day on the railroad tracks...

...But there's much more to it than that.


I am slightly in love with Mirah. I like her duo work with her friend Thao, but her solo stuff is just lovely and almost perfect (You Think It's Like This But Really It's Like This was just such a strong, classy debut). Great voice, and her lyrics are usually nice, thoughtful, sometimes very earnest, maybe a little sad at times.

The last line in the first verse of "Sweepstakes Prize" is what won me over. And this is the song of hers (because it was the first I heard, I think) that is often stuck in my head.

You remind me of a firework, boy,
You touch the ceiling, you touch the floor,
You sparkle and burn, but you take your time
And I bet I could carry you across state lines.





"Don't Die in Me" - an interesting handpainted fan vid...




"The Garden" - was featured on SYTYCD, I guess?




And in case you have nothing better to do, here is that performed on that show, just for the LOLZ -






More recently, she has been performing in Thao & Mirah - they are both talented and the songs are good, but I still think I prefer Mirah solo.

"Little Cup" 


I chose the strangest little cup
to drink you from and stir you up





"How Dare You"

No comments:

Post a Comment